The month started with me leaving the nursing home job to go to work for a pediatric home health company. I'm so thankful for the time I had at the nursing home. I liked it a lot more than I ever thought I would; I learned a lot - good and bad; and was just generally blessed with a job that provided the right amount of money and flexibility. All of that said -- it was nice to drive away! :)
I will still be helping them out occasionally. It's easy for them because I'm close and know the system and it's easy for me because I'm close and know the system. :)
The first two weeks of the month were really all about dance. We had several run-throughs at the studio then dress rehearsal on stage then 2 days of recital. Ugh. Kinda long. They did, however split up the recital because they do a full length ballet one night which is a pretty neat experience for the girls I think. Olivia LOOOOOVED it all. She had a fantastic time and especially loved getting lots of flowers afterward. She did a great job dancing and was so dedicated to practicing and preparing for it. She really does love to dance and after the recital she told me that she wants to take ALL the classes and dance better than the best dancer! Needless to say, we'll be taking dance again in the fall. :)
They danced the full-length ballet "Sleeping Beauty" on the first night of the recital. Of course, most of the dancing was done by the older girls but her class did have one dance. She was beautiful!
Jeff came down with strep throat the morning of the recital. The doctor told him as long as he didn't cough on anyone he could still go. Jeff told me that it didn't matter to him what he had to do he was NOT going to miss her recital. There was really no point arguing with him after that. I love, love, love this picture of the two of them.
Olivia love, love, loved all of her flowers and wanted a picture with every single bunch of flowers and multiple poses with each. Ham.
Waiting for tap...
The tap class
G.G. and Papa Robert got to come to the recital. The kids were so excited about that! Aidan managed to sit through both of the recitals and did really well. He was really proud of his Livvy.










No comments:
Post a Comment