Sheesh. For real! Who can seriously keep up with these things over time?!?! I have NEVER been good at consistently keeping a journal or a diary...or apparently a blog. Not really sure why I thought this would be so different. All of that said I'm going to try to get some of the funny stories from the last few months posted before they are completely lost from my brain. I hear moms frequently talk about the poor memory that comes after childbirth and they are so right. I lost my short term memory when I had kids. Maybe that's why I thought the blog would work. I had temporarily forgotten that I'm bad at this! Oh, and did you know there was a 4th day to our Disney trip 6 MONTHS AGO?! Thought I might try to post that sometime this year. So, in my defense, I have a gigantic load of stuff on my plate. Not really so much more than any other harried mom, but it still can feel a little wacky. I'm working 3 days/week still with the pediatric home health company. I am so in love with this job! I'm shuttling Liv to dance 1-3 times per week plus now dance competition season has started. Aidan goes to gymnastics once a week and after gym we stuff Tuesday Newsday folders at Olivia's school. Okay, off subject a second: "Olivia's school" will soon be "their school". I have to register him for kindergarten in 2 weeks!!! Holy moly. I can't believe it. Back to topic: I sing 1-3 times per month which comes with Wednesday rehearsal. Then to top off all of that I have my scrapbook stuff on the computer. I SOOO love doing this but it does take up quite a bit of time. I was already on creative teams (CT) for 2 ScrapMatters designers when I applied for the ScrapMatters CT. This would be one of those ultimate prize kind of deals. I really love my digi-home at ScrapMatters so it would be thrilling to CT for them. I wasn't accepted to the full-term team, but I was asked to be a guest on the team this month. It has so been amazingly fun and last week they emailed me to say that they really wanted me to stay on the team for the rest of the term so I'm no longer a guest! Really amazing! I basically have full access to the store for free and I get to play with the stuff to help the designers advertise. I'm still kinda in shock! With that, though, I've decided to start a new blog dedicated to scrapbook stuff so that you, my 3 faithful blog readers, will not have to sort through all of it to find the family stuff. I will post a link to my scrap blog here so you can check it out anytime. I will post advertisements for the designers I'm CTing for and also pages that I'm making. I'll get that up when it's ready.
Here's one of my fave funny stories of late:
Olivia doesn't yet have a concept of time so she's always asking me questions like, "Did they have (fill in the blank) when you were little?" And sometimes it's just so funny. For example, at Thanksgiving this year Mom and Dad had found all of my old Barbies up in their attic. They brought them down for Liv to see and play with. Boy, were they groovy! And a little gross. 20 years in a Texas attic is not a friend to a Barbie. The girls' hair was really yucky to touch and Ken's head shrunk and popped off his neck! Liv wanted to play with them and their groovy clothes anyway. She had a little trouble getting the clothes on the dolls because they all had snaps instead of the velcro she's used to. She came to ask for help and I explained that velcro hadn't been invented when I was little (so I know it had but it wasn't on much). She said, "Wow. And you still managed to have fun."
A few months later on the way back to Sugar and Poppa T's house I was telling the kids that I wasn't going to stay there with them the whole time because I had to go back to work. Aidan was a little worried and asked, "Will Sugar and Poppa T take care of us?" I said, "Of course they'll take care of you. They are MY parents and they took great care of me when I was little." Olivia said, "Of course they're going to take good care us, Aidan! They're our grandparents. Not just some old babysitters!" Ha Ha!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Cute stories! What part of Texas? I'm a lot like you with diaries and such - I only blog or write consistently when it's not just general journaling or about me and my life, but instead a general topic to focus on... like design. It's hard to get in the habit, though.
Oh, and thanks for following my blog!
Post a Comment