Live At Pink Alley

Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Monday...

What a long day! Got up extra early today to help the kids get ready for their first day at a new school that they will got to twice a week. They were surprisingly easy to wake up this morning even though it was about 45 minutes earlier than normal - thank you Jesus for that blessing! Olivia was excited but a little nervous. She did well today. And Aidan was happy as usual. He walked in his class, handed me his coat and never looked back. When I picked them up today Olivia's teacher was in love with her. She said that she is so smart and so sweet and the teacher was extra excited that Olivia does what she is told the first time. Apparently a novelty in the pre-K class. Please pray that Olivia can be the example for the other children and that they don't teach her their bad behaviors. Aidan's teacher actually got my EXTREMELY picky eater to eat some cornbread, a few bites of beans and rice, and a few bites of peaches. I asked her if we could bring him to her everyday for lunch! I prayed this morning that he would eat well for her - new situation, new rules! As we left he told her goodbye and I love you. :)

They were pretty tired this evening and tempers were short. In the bath Olivia started to fuss because Aidan took her water (water from her side of the tub!). We just started laughing. Jeff finally explained to her that even if Aidan took water from her side that water from his side would immediately replace it. This seemed to make her happy.

My day was pretty good. Please pray for me this week to get rid of my cold. I am singing at church this weekend - our last service in the current sanctuary - and I would be sad to miss it for being sick. Hope you all have a really great week with blessings abundant in your lives.

Love,

Amber

1 comment:

Regina said...

You are precious, I am so glad that you are a blogger! :) I was thinking about ya'll yesterday and I am so thankful that Our God cares about the little things and made Olivia and Aiden's day so much fun while you were able to work!! $$$ Believe me, I understand! :)

I am sending up lots of prayers about your cold, I know God wants to hear your lovely voice praising Him and He WILL take care of that cold! :)

Let's talk dinner....