Angel and Spiderman
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Brookhaven Halloween
The nursing home that I work at had the neatest Halloween celebration. They invited area kids to come trick or treat there at the home. Each of the residents who wanted to particpate were waiting in their doorway with a pumpkin full of candy and the kids went room-to-room to trick or treat. There was even one gentleman who uses a computer to communicate and he had it programmed to say "Happy Halloween" and play music whenever kids walked up! After they went through the hallways they went into the dining room where there were cupcakes, cookies and other snacks. When the other kids made it into the dining room there was a costume contest and Olivia won First Place! I have to admit that I was pretty proud of her win since I made her costume! :) Her first place prize was a Nintendo DS Lite - a very expensive hand held game (that we now have to go buy game cartridges for). Amazing! They came home with so much candy and they really had a great time, too. And the residents also had so much fun. I loved seeing them just come alive with the kids there. Great night!
Angel and Spiderman
Angel and Spiderman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment