My kids have been saying the funniest, heart-warming things and I wanted to share:
Olivia loves to be the little Mother Hen for Aidan and she was giving him instruction on something one day when Aidan put his little hand up on her shoulder and said, "You're a genius (pronounced "jean-ust"), Liv, you really are. You're a genius!"
Another day on the way to school Aidan was telling us once again about a little girl that had been mean to him. She called him a baby one day and it has bothered him for weeks. I had just started to counsel him on it when Mother Hen took over. She gave him all of the advice that she had in her repertoire (to her credit I would have said all of the same things) and she ended with, "And, Aidan, when we get there I want to talk to her!" Cracked me up!!! Well, cracked me up silently. I was also pretty proud of her! :) When we got to the class the little girl wasn't there but Olivia went right up to the teacher, explained the situation and asked the teacher to talk to the little girl. Can you believe it?!?! :)
Aidan has been enjoying school and loves his teachers. Their names are Mrs. Joseph and Mrs. Chibesa. I thought one day that Jeff and I would have to have our own talk with the teacher when Aidan informed us that he knew how to count in Spanish. He said, "Dog, Fred, Tres, Cuatro, Cinco. See, Mom! I can count in Spanish!" Well, however he is learning Spanish I know that Mrs. Joseph is making a positive impact on him. Last week G.G. and Pawpaw Robert gave the kids a sweet nativity scene. When we asked Aidan to tell us the name of each doll he said, "That's Mary, Jesus and Mrs. Joseph!"
As funny as they can be they can also get right to the heart of the matter. Every once in a while we use a drop-in day care and tonight Aidan was bit on the knee by another little boy. The daycare was appropriately horrified and are checking their security cameras to find out who it was. When I tucked Aidan into bed tonight I kissed him and told him that I was sorry he got bit to which he replied, "You should have been there to protect me." Ouch. Followed by, "You should have been there on the bench while I played and ate." Ouch again. I apologized again and told him I loved him. He said, "I love you, too, Mama. Go get a good dream for yourself."
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for these precious children who can make me laugh and make me cry all in the same breath. I love them with all of my heart. Thank you for loving us all even more than that. What an astounding thing.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment