Live At Pink Alley

Monday, December 28, 2009

Disney Day 3 - Epcot

We hit the bus stop early Sunday morning for our first trip to Epcot. We didn't see Epcot on our last family trip so we were excited to go. The weather was still chilly and we all had to dig out jackets to wear. And for some of us (read: Amber) we had to go buy something to wear. Can you believe $52 for a hoodie?!?! I ended up buying a long sleeve shirt for $30-something. I let Jeff wear it and I wore Kelly's extra jacket. Crazy cold!!! Here is a great pic of the kids at the bus stop with Grandpapa...





I was so excited for the kids to see that huge iconic silver ball. That thing is really big!!! We zipped straight past it though and went over to The Land pavilion to ride Soarin'. I had read that you need to go straight there or the lines get really, really long. We got right on and it was such a super cool ride. You're supposed to feel like you're hang-gliding over America and it's got a pretty realistic feel. Especially, when you can smell the oranges as you fly over the California orange groves. Really neat!!! After that we went over to The Seas pavilion for the Nemo ride. Lots of fun there...









Next we headed over to the Test Track which is essentially a race car ride. I chickened out on that one, though. When there are warning signs for people with heart problems and pregnant women my back sends me its own warning signs. So I opted to let everyone else enjoy the ride and I waited by THIS sign... :) So cute!

That wrapped up Future World and The World Showcase had just opened so we grabbed passports (really cute sticker/stamp books) for the kids and started in Mexico.
Then to Norway where the people were SOOO beautiful which is fortunate because there are a lot of trolls in Norway, too. Here are the kids in their viking helmets in front of a troll. Notice that Olivia's helmet has pigtails. :)
We intended to get a picture of Olivia with a flag from every country, but this is as far as we made it.
As soon as Aidan put on a Viking helmet he had to ram something with his horns...



China was super fun. The kids got to see acrobats and then they really enjoyed looking at all of the Chinese souvenirs. The kids were excited to meet Mulan in China. She was kind of hidden so the line to meet her was really short.


My favorite picture of the whole trip....



We didn't get pictures in every country because we were all getting really tired, but we did have fun taking pictures in Morrocco. This is one of the ladies showing Aidan his name in Arabic.



Aidan pretending to take a drink from this cup. There wasn't really anything in it except germs. I wonder how many kids each day grab that cup and pretend to take a drink...


Aidan dancing to Moroccan music...


Aidan tried on a beret in France...



After we made it through the World Showcase we had dinner at the Garden Grill with Mickey in his farmer overalls, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. Aidan was determjned to "honk" all of their noses. He thought they were all pretty funny.
After dinner we rode the ride inside the big silver ball and headed back to the hotel.

No comments: