I have a few new posts with pictures below this. I tried to update a few times over the last week and couldn't get pictures to publish for some reason. They are on there now, though.
We have had a fun weekend. Jeff started us out on Friday with a gaming party with his friends. After work the guys (5 in all) started arriving with their computers and monitors. They all set up on tables in our back room and networked their computers together so they could play games into the wee, wee hours of the morning. We stocked the fridge with sugary, caffeine-filled drinks and as is tradition here at our house I served french toast with strawberries at midnight. The kids and I rented The Bee Movie and camped out on our bed for the evening.
The next morning my friend Tracy arrived with her daughter, Hannah. The kids all went to the aquarium with Jeff and Ky (Hannah's dad) while Tracy and I headed out on the town for a Girls Only mini-holiday. We started out with pedicures which were wonderful. Although, I did get a little tickled in parts. We had decided on the "Deluxe" pedicure which includes a mint mask (fabulous!), a dip in the paraffin bath (wonderful!) and a hot stone massage. Hmmmm....not so sure about the hot stone massage. When we left I told Tracy that I wasn't sure how I felt about paying good money to have somebody rub my legs with greasy rocks. ;) Everything else was great, though! After that we had lunch at a tearoom in Plano with our favorite cookies for dessert. We did lots of window shopping and talked until we couldn't take it anymore. Then at 5:00 we met my sweet, sweet friend Regina (who got me hooked on this blogging thing) at The Cheesecake Factory. Tracy and I had never been so Regina was our menu guide for the evening. We each decided to try a "Mommys Only" drink along with our meal and I decided on a Mai Tai. Never had one before. LOTS of rum. It became abundantly clear quite early on that it would not be wise to have too much of that drink. Lovely taste but packs a punch! After dinner we all split a gigantic piece of cheesecake. We ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough cheesecake. You actually gain a pound just by speaking the name. Then after dinner we went to the movies and did a little shopping before falling into bed utterly exhausted and happy. Thanks Tracy and Regina for such a great night out -- can't wait until next time!!!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment