Live At Pink Alley

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Olivia's First Day of Kindergarten

Olivia is a Kindergartener!!! She had to miss the 1st day because of her 103 degree fever but she jumped right in the 2nd day and had a blast! Jeff, Aidan and I walked her to her class the 1st day. The teacher requested that parents drop off at the door to the class so that the kids could start learning independence from the first day. I suspect that this rule is mostly in place so that the PARENTS can start learning independence from the first day. Jeff and I did as we were told and walked her just to the door, but then, I have to admit, that we stood in the doorway - completely blocking it, mind you - until the people behind us began to make noise. Olivia was fantastic. She put her stuff away, walked right to her seat like she went their everyday and began her morning work as though it wasn't something completely new. When I picked her up in the afternoon she was grinning so big! She said that her first day was "Super Duper Great". She also said she liked her teacher because she "waved and smiled at me while we were in line". Her teacher's name is Ms. Turner and she went to Kindergarten at the same school! Today when I picked her up she said that her day was "Awesome".


I did get a little misty-eyed when I dropped her off but the part that gets me everytime is when I pick her up. To see her smiling so big when she comes out of her class and knowing that the smile is partly because she is happy with school and partly because she is happy to see me is a wonderful feeling. She just waves at me. Mmmm...good stuff.













After school...




No comments: