Wow, I'm seriously behind. Has it really been a month?!?! I have to admit I think of coming to update often but because I'm behind I'm a little overwhelmed at the task. The perfectionist in me wants to be sure everything is recorded in perfect chronological order but I realize that I'm going to have to post what is happening right now, when it happens, and I'll update you on the rest as I'm able. So that's my new plan. Just do it, right?! :)
Just a quick status update and a "here's what is coming up"...
Olivia is starting Kindergarten in 9 days. (Be still my soul!) We have Meet the Teacher night next Friday. She is stocked with school supplies (no one warned me of the crazy cost of this!) and we've done quite a bit of back to school shopping. Since this is tax-free weekend I'm going to brave the crowd (say prayers for safety) to get her some tennis shoes at Stride Rite. She has such a wide foot that this is really the best place to go for her shoes. We went on the hunt for the best backpack ever. I had visions of a nice pink one with her name monogrammed on it- something stylish and cute. She chose a Camp Rock (the newest Disney channel musical) backpack with the two main characters on the front. It's black and blue and red and will probably fall apart by Christmas, but she was so overcome with joy when she saw it that I caved without argument. Okay, there was an internal argument, but I know it's really her choice. She is thrilled at the idea that she only has 2 more days of Kindercare. She has vocally disliked Kindercare since day one and sees this as a real highlight to starting Kindergarten.
Aidan will also switch to a preschool that same day. He is getting a little nervous about the switch, I think. My little man that will tell complete strangers his deepest secrets actually got a little shy when we went to visit his class. Of course, his teacher is a sizable woman and all the kids in the class turned to look at him so it was a little intimidating I'm sure. The preschool seems really nice and by the time we left he was really excited about it. We've done some school shopping for him too. Several new outfits and some school supplies, too. He doesn't actually need the school supplies but he wanted some new crayons and glue, too. Who wouldn't?
We all just got back from spending 5 days in Estes Park, CO with Bud and Kelly. (Pictures to come soon). We stayed with them in their RV and got to do lots of fun things there.
Jeff has found a new shooting range that allows him to shoot big guns a really long way. I think the range goes to 300 yards. They also have a 1000 yard range but you have to go through a certification class to use that one. He's looking forward to some time off and extra cash to go do that.
I have been overcome with new hobbies lately (hence the complete lack of blogging). Tracy and I went to a digital scrapbook class - which was amazing - and I've started to transfer my scrapbook love from all paper to mostly computerized. Really neat. Pics to come of that, too. We're up to take another class in 2 weeks that will show us how to alter the pictures themselves in digital format. I have also discovered Facebook. It's like a myspace kind of thing. I've had several people tell me to look at their profile before and when I finally did I found that I new A LOT of people on there so it's a fun way to keep in touch. It can also steal significant amounts of time!
Now that the newness is wearing off on some of my most recent hobby additions (and I finished the book series that I have been feverishly reading) I will get back to updating the blog with some amount of consistency.
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Hi Amber! I have a Facebook page, too - but I keep forgetting to check it. I am a little better at checking my MySpace page. My username there is roheis - come leave me a message ;). Please give Jeff and the kids a big hug and kiss from me!
Regina N.
Post a Comment