Live At Pink Alley

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

August and Back to School

We were still working like crazy in August but we did take time out for a few things. I got a new camera and it is so amazing. It's a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera - a Nikon D60. Oh, I'm so in love. Totally don't know how to use the thing yet, but I'm trying. :) The colors are so bright and crisp. I take a gazillion pictures of everything and of nothing just to practice. I got to take it with me to Six Flags and got a few cute pictures of the kids there. Here's one of Aidan and Batman. He saw Batman and ran up to him. He was so excited to meet him. He shook his hand and said, "Spiderman is my favorite!"
Olivia was a little nervous about the rides at first but then she fell in love. The Batman ride was one of her favorites and she wanted to ride it alone. I was so impressed! (And I was also in the batplane right behind her.)
We bought Superman and Supergirl capes while we were there. A wonderful investment. Kept them entertained for weeks!
Heading home.... (LOVE this picture!)



The weekend before school started Olivia had a party at her dance studio. She was invited to be on the studio's competition team, the Divas, this year. She will be one of the Mini Divas. At the party they got to play a hide and seek game to find out who their Big Sis/Little Sis would be for Divas this year. Olivia's big sis is named Brenna. Olivia is totally in love. It's so cool to hang out with a teenager! ;) At the same party there was a film crew their from L.A. shooting some video. The film crew is looking to make some kind of documentary style show about a dance studio. Kind of a life in the year thing, I believe. Liv's dance studio made the short list so they came to interview and shoot video. I don't know when they'll announce which studio they have picked. It's a pretty neat honor, I suppose, but I'm not sure if I'm excited about it or not. We'll see! :)

On film...
Liv is the 3rd one in the line...



The next week was back to school. Olivia found out that she will be in Mrs. Arnold's 1st grade class. Mrs. Arnold is the 1st grade teacher that everyone wants. Wahoo! And she is very nice and caring. Olivia just loves her - and so do we! Aidan moved up to the Pre-K 2 class. His new teacher is Mrs. Evans. She is also very nice. I think we're going to have a great year!

No comments: