Live At Pink Alley

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

June 2009 Part II

The weekend after the recitals we headed down to Georgetown to celebrate Jack's and Miles's birthdays. They had a pool party at their house. Jack's theme was Power Rangers and Miles chose snowmen! I thought snowmen was such a fun theme for a pool party. Wendi was able to get all of the plates and napkins on clearance since it was (usually) the wrong time of year and then she served sno cones. So fun!
The following weekend the kids had their first swimming lessons. I know the timing was really backwards. Wish we had been able to go before the pool party. They had a blast anyway! The first day was a little rough because they both HATED water on their face, but their teacher was strict and thorough. This is them by the end of the week:
We'll definitely do it again next summer, probably for more than just one week. They were loving the pool after this and I even had to buy dive sticks! I NEVER thought my children would be swimming under water without goggles to pick up dive sticks AND consider it fun! We decided, though, after we visited the city pool (which is super cool) that we would definitely take goggles with us the next time. It was so chlorinated that their little eyes were burning when we left. We had a music ministry family day at the Carrollton City pool in June and the kids had a great time playing together.

No comments: