Live At Pink Alley

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

July 2009

No big productions in July. We celebrated Jeff's birthday, of course, but otherwise it was business as usual. Jeff was working 80-90 hours a week throughout most of the summer and I was working every day so it was super busy. Olivia had dance camp for a few weeks in the summer but otherwise it was just the daily routine that kept us busy. I felt really sad that I had to work so much this summer but I needed to get my client list built up for the fall. I worked MWF with the home health company and Tues/Thurs with a pediatric clinic in Richardson. They had me scrambling and confused throughout most of the summer. I contracted with them and then they contracted me out to another home health and also the Early Childhood Intervention program which is similar to home health. Plus I had to see their kids in their clinic and their homebound kids. And there was a different paperwork to go with each contract. It was extremely confusing! I met some great kids and even brought one with me to my MWF job! I quit the Tues/Thurs job in mid-August and was SOOO glad. I missed my own children over the summer, but they did have a great time at daycare. Olivia's class got to go on 2 field trips every week and both of the kids got to play on a big water slide and eat pizza every Friday.


Olivia's class:
Aidan's class:



In July, Aidan also got to shoot his first REAL gun. He was pumped!!! He is all about guns, swords, bows/arrows... really just weapons. He's been begging to Jeff to let him shoot one of his guns so Jeff let him shoot Olivia's gun. Jeff and Aidan were both thrilled! Such a man moment. Jeff explained everything to Aidan -- all of the rules and what everything was called -- and Aidan soaked it all up. They had a great time together!


No comments: