Big news for my blog: I stepped down from the ScrapMatters Creative Team! It was an amazing experience and I loved the year that I got to participate in the CT; however, it was time to let some other people have a chance to earn a spot and I needed a break. By the end of my year I was getting to the point of burnout with it that I didn't really even want to sit at my computer for any reason. Made blogging very difficult! The perfectionist in me wants to catch up on every sweet moment, funny saying and beautiful picture that I've missed posting over the last year, but there's just no way so I'm picking up where I am. I spent some time the other day going back through the blog and it was such a trip down memory lane that I'm really looking forward to doing more. Plus, I found out that there is a company that will print your blog with pictures and turn it into a book so you can do one for each year. Brilliant!!!
Tomorrow is Aidan's 6th birthday (how did THAT happen?!) and I am amazed at how quickly this year is passing. For the first time ever I took the kids out for bluebonnet pictures several weeks ago and they turned out so great. The kids had a really fun time. They were super excited when we got there and Olivia stayed excited the entire time. She wanted to pose with every flower and experience every inch of the field. Aidan was done with it all after about 2 poses. After that I found myself saying things like "Would you please smile?", "I want to see TEETH!", "NICE teeth please", "After this I'll let you run", "I promise not much longer", and the comment that I'm sure will win me the Best Parenting Award: "If you will just smile nicely whenever I take a picture I will take you to McDonald's when we're finished." That one had the best results. :)
And their Easter picture:










No comments:
Post a Comment