I can't believe Aidan is 6 today. Wow. Times goes so quickly.
Aidan, you are one amazing kid. There is not a day that passes when you haven't made me belly laugh at least once. Your personality is so sincere and kind and FULL of joy. You are such an optimist and so easy-going. You make friends easily and people genuinely enjoy being around you. You're the kind of person that makes others comfortable and you make people feel liked. When I watch you at the park and playing with friends I'm struck by the fact that there is
always a crowd around you. Following you. People want to be where you are. I know how they feel. I want to be around you, too. You routinely invest in your family and friends by asking them questions about their day or things they like. And you really want to know the answer. You easily give compliments to others. One of my biggest prayers in this life for you is that your joy will be protected. I don't want anyone to squash your joyful pursuit of life. I will guard that fiercely because it seems a rare gift these days. Everyone comments on you. Your personality and your charm. We met with your teacher today for spring conference and the first thing she said was, "I just want you to know that he has the hearts of every teacher in this school. Everyone loves him." Dad and I weren't shocked. That has always been the way with you. I hope that your 6th year brings even more joy, more friends, more fun. I hope that you continue to enjoy school and learning. I hope to see you grow in your understanding of your Jesus. I love to hear you say that Jesus is in your heart and that you will live with me forever because we'll be in Heaven together. Of course, you also tell me that you're going to live here in this house with me forever, too! I suspect in 10 years you may not be saying the same thing. :) Have a great year, Aidan. We all love you so much, Handsome Boy. Happy Birthday!
My Interview with Aidan: (his answers in bold)
How old are you today? 6
How does it feel to be 6? Good. It feels like 5.
How was your day? Good.
What did you do? Played at McDonalds.
What else? Um, did that. (Points to a musical card he got from GG and Papa Robert then goes to get the card.)
Tell me what the weather was like today. Hot.
What do you think is the most important thing you've learned in life so far? A lot.
What do you think has been the most important this year at school? Doing our science journals.
How do you think you're different from a year ago when you turned 5? I'm bigger
Have you gotten smarter? Yes.
What is your favortie thing about yourself? Me playing Sonic Colors (his new wii game)
So you've been in school in Kindergarten for almost a year now. What do you think of it so far? Good. And really boring.
Is there a part of it that's not boring? Yeah. Recess! And specials.
Who's your best friend? Ethan James Nixon and Braden Lowe.
What do you like learning about? Science journals
Tell me about your family. They're very sweet to me and I love my mother.
Good answer.
What do you like about having a sister? She plays with me.
This last year when you were 5 did you have a favorite song? Yes. Jonas Brothers. All of their stuff? All of their stuff.
Did you have a favorite movie? Attack of the clones.
Favorite color? blue and black mixed up
Favorite food? pizza
Favorite drink? root beer
Favorite dessert? chocolate
Do you have a favorite number? 1
Why is 1 your favorite number? Because it's cute when you're a baby
If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted what would you do? Play Sonic Colors
What are you excited about this next year when you're 6? Going out to recess and going in the fields.
What is your favorite toy to play with? My transformer that is new
What do you want to be when you grow up? a junior ranger
Do you think you'll ever get married? yes
How old do you think you'll be when you get married? 36
What have you learned about friends this year? they're very special
What have you learned about girls this year? they're special too
Do you have a favorite candy? Not really? chocolate cake
Is there anything that you're afraid of? bad guys and bears and werwolves and killer whales and leopard seals. Leopard seals?? Uh-huh. Oh. Okay.
Is there anything else you'd like to say? no
Are there any questions you can think of that I didn't ask? no
Okay, I love you. I love you too.
(card starts playing music again)










No comments:
Post a Comment