I think Mother's Day gifts are probably my MOST favorite from the whole year. The handmade gifts with hearts and handprints, crafts that say "MOM", and the fill out info on Mom papers. I got one from each of the kids this year. They're always so fun to read.
Olivia's fill-in-the blank MOM sheet from school: (her answers in bold)
My mother's name is Amber. She is 35 years old. She has black hair and brown eyes. I enjoy reading with my mother. Her favorite thing to do by herself is play on her phone. The funniest thing I have seen my mother do or say is go to the restroom after I just went to the restroom. She makes me happy when she sings. I love all her cooking but my favorite meal is tortellini. I could do without the bow mac and squished peas. Her favorite TV show is Bones. I'd rather watch Shake It Up. She likes to listen to music of any kind. Her favorite color is yellow. Mine is yellow. My mother works at houses helping children walk or move their arms more. My mom is special to me because she is different from EVERYONE.
This came in a card with a portrait of me. She also made me a 4-pocket organization folder out of construction paper. She said, "Mom, I thought about what you needed and I thought this would be good to help you organize your papers since you have stacks and stacks of paper on your desk and the counter and your nightstand..." HA! Busted. :) Loved how she was really thinking about what I would like to have. Awesome gift!
Aidan made me a flower out of paint and coffee filters and filled out an interview also. Here's his:
For Mother's Day I would like to give my mom a new front door!
My Mom's favorite thing in the world is me!
My mom is happiest when she is putting me to bed!
My mom is really good at her work! She works with kids.
My mom is not so good at playing Star Wars.
My mom loves me so much because I was a bobble head in her tummy!
I love her so much because she read the instructions to Sonic Colors Wii.
No self-esteem issues there! :) I keep all of these precious gifts and look at them. They always, always make me smile. I treasure them so much because I know that in a few years it won't be so cool to make flowers out of coffee filters and posters with handprints. I'm going to request it as long as possible, though!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment