Live At Pink Alley

Friday, June 24, 2011

Aidan's Kinder Zoo Field Trip

Mid-May always brings about the Kinder zoo field trip. I was lucky enough to be able to chaperone the trip again. This year we drove all the way over to the Fort Worth Zoo. Frankly, I like it better than the Dallas zoo - nicer layout and seems like a lot more shade - however, it is much farther away. The kids didn't even notice though. They were WAY pumped to be heading to the zoo.

Here are my charges for the day. It was a completely different experience than 2 years previous when I chaperoned Olivia's group of extremely quite and very calm little girls.




They got to see a lot of great animals. I love catching animals doing funny things.
Like this:


Makes me laugh when giraffes stand like this. I guess he couldn't really put his front legs on the wood pile. Gotta protect those long, spindly legs!

One of the biggest hits with all of the kids was the aviary. The birds were definitely hungry when we got there and the kids stayed for quite a while feeding the birds.




Here are my favorite animals and the elephant, too:





The kids all had a great time at the zoo. No one got injured or lost and a few even fell asleep on the bus ride home. Great trip!


No comments: