Live At Pink Alley

Friday, February 1, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

It is so much fun to talk with Olivia as she gets older. I'm continually amazed - and sometimes tickled - at her view of the world and how it works. Here are a few "pearls" from this week:

*"Hey Mom - you know why I'm cracking this smile? Because I have a locker! It's only for the 5 year olds and I'm just a 4 year old!"(followed by her best snicker) She was completely impressed that her classroom at daycare has a locker for her.

* While I was at rehearsal Thursday night Jeff had the kids all to himself. Aidan had an accident and while he went to clean it Olivia sat on the couch by herself. When he came back she told him, "Dad, do you know what it is when you're all by yourself and noone's around?" (insert tilted head and doe eyes) "That's called lonely."

And my personal favorite:

* "You can't be a princess. You're the Queen. Only teenagers can be princesses. And even when you're a teenager Moms and Dads still rule over you." I told her that she was completely right. ;)

No comments: