Hope you all had a great weekend. Our weekend was quite full! Late Friday night our hot water heater died. Thankfully, it didn't leak so we stayed dry but, apparently, at some point there were flames! Again, thankfully, it was very contained. Mom and Dad came early Sunday morning to help Jeff install a new one while I was at choir. Of course, that means that all day Saturday we were without hot water - no washing dishes, no washing clothes and -the most devestating of all - no washing me! I spent Saturday afternoon/evening trying to find one of my friends at home so that I could borrow their shower. Quite an embarassing question to ask, by the way. ;) I had to get my hair washed, though, because Sunday morning was our first service in our new sanctuary and the choir was up to sing. It was an amazing service. My description couldn't even do it justice. You'll all have to come visit sometime!
This weekend should be exciting as well. If all works out, the kids will spend the weekend with Sugar and Poppa T while Jeff and I redecorate Olivia's room as a surprise. Her room right now is decorated with yellow and green, but she really has been wanting a pink room. She loves all things girly and princess-y. I am so excited to do this for her. She is such an incredibly caring and thoughtful little girl (I'm getting teary!) and she deserves to have a room that reflects how sweet and loving she is. I have been gathering up all the materials to redecorate and they are stashed all over the place so that she doesn't suspect anything! I'm also really excited because this is going to give me a chance to put some VERY needed organizational systems into her room. My sweet, sweet girl is a collector. She can find beauty in just about anything and desires to surround herself with all of her "treasures". She keeps them in her closet, on the shelves, under beds, IN beds, in corners, in tiny little treasure bags stashed in secret places, taped to the walls, stuffed in her pillowcase, filling my pockets and, in general - Everywhere. I have found lots of pink boxes and baskets for her shelves so that we can try to tame the treasures! I'll be taking lots of Before/After pictures and will share them next week. Please pray for Godspeed for me so I can get it all done in 2 days!!!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Ok, girl, I seriously can not believe that you did not call ME! I am your friend, right? And I don't live THAT far away! Next time, I expect a call....that is all I am sayin about that. Now, if you need some reinforcements with the room decorating, I expect a phone call, I will already be in paint clothes... :)
Post a Comment