Live At Pink Alley

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines Eve

Jeff really surprised me today. I took the kids to the grocery store and he was here when we got home about 5:00. As I put groceries away in the kitchen I noticed he was staring at me. I heard Olivia come into the kitchen and squeak. When I turned around I saw that she was squeaking at the dozen long-stemmed red roses on the table with a card and a bag of pink M&Ms. I, of course, said many thank yous, but then I had to ask, "Did you mean to get them a day early? Was that part of the surprise?" He assured me that he knew what day it was and asked me if I had looked at the card. I said that I didn't know if I was supposed to wait until tomorrow for the card. He just said, "Go look at the card." On the outside it said "Happy Valentine's Day 2007". Now, I thought he was really confused because not only was it not Valentine's Day but it wasn't even 2007 anymore. And then, FINALLY, it all clicked. Here's the story: Last year he worked late on Valentine's Day and just forgot about it. I was not terribly understanding. Nor was I very forgetful as I occasionally brought it up throughout the year (bad, I know) so the surprise today was his very sweet way of making up for last year. By the way, the card came with an "I Love You" magnet with instructions to put it somewhere I would see it everyday so I'd always be reminded of how much he loves me. What a good man!

No comments: