Good morning! Back today with my 2nd Works For Me Wednesday post. This week is The Grocery Game. I love the grocery game!!! Have you heard of this amazing resource? It is an on-line coupon/sale group that matches your local store's sales with the sunday paper coupons so that you can buy the right things at the lowest prices. You log in to your account at www.thegrocerygame.com and print out a list each Sunday of the sale items at your local store. They are color-coded: black items are good sale prices, blue items are rock-bottom prices (things you should stock up on) and the green items are FREE! It's all based on a system of looking at what is on sale each week and applying coupons to those sales to achieve a very low price. When you factor in the double and triple coupons it just gets cheap! Here is my example from this week - Went to Kroger last night and this is what I bought using my Grocery Game list:Total before Grocery Game: $167.06
My Total with Grocery Game: $77.35
Total Savings: $89.71
Now that's grocery shopping!!! Isn't that amazing?!?! I was so smug at the store when they told me how much I saved. The cashier couldn't believe it when she read it off of my receipt. The first time I shopped with the grocery game I actually cheered at the checkout. Now, I will say the grocery game does take time. It takes a while to clip all of the coupons and, for me, it takes longer to do the shopping, but I saved almost $90! The grocery game does have a fee, too. Your initial 4 weeks are free if you just want to try it out and then after that it's $10 every $10 weeks for 1 store. I feel like $1/week is a good investment for knowing how to save this kind of money at the grocery store! Now I will be honest and admit that I don't do this every week. I just don't always have time, but I love it when I do!
Happy Wednesday! I have to go put away my groceries now. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment